IPVanish keeps growing!
IPVanish claims to be the “fastest and fastest growing VPN service in the world.” I am not sure if that can be confirmed, but considering the fact that I follow several VPN providers and their activities, it is for sure true that IPVanish really keep on expanding and growing all the time.
In the last month only, since October 25th, they have added 7 new servers to their register, and that is quite impressive. The new servers added by IPVanish are located in:
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Las Vegas, United States
- Vancouver, Canada
- Paris, France
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Budapest, Hungary
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Again this means that if you are looking for an IP address in for example France, or maybe you are out traveling to the United States and want to safe securely as you use the open WiFi at your hotel, then you can easily use IPVanish and connect to the new or one of their other servers in the USA to enjoy high encryption and good speeds.
In addition to adding new servers, they have also updated their Windows VPN program. Here are the improvements and fixes that has been added in the new version of IPVanish VPN program for Windows.
Changes and improvements in IPVanish Windows version 220.127.116.11
- OpenVPN is back in the main protocol selection and no longer needs to be activated via the preferences.
- The X button no longer closes app but instead minimizes the application to the system tray.
- The IPVanish client now remembers the last used protocol.
- The task bar icon now shows connection status.
- Client will no longer ping all servers while it is connected to VPN.
- Fixed popup functionality to allow rejecting multiple instances of IPVanish from occurring.
- Fixed exception caused by double launching IPVanish from quick launch bar.
- Fixed exception caused by log window when an OpenVPN connection fails.
- Fixes to icon presentation.
- Fixed anti-virus applications flagging IPVanish as a false positive.
- Fixed color display issues on Windows XP.